Rice Panki ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8631 times
Rice panki, steam rice flour pancakes between banana leaves, and serve this farsaan to steal a gujarati’s heart! urad dal flour helps to bind the panki batter and make very thin pankis. Serve the pankis hot from the griddle, with spicy green chutney and butter.
- Combine the rice flour, curds, salt and 3 cups of warm water in a bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Cover and keep aside for 3 to 4 hours to ferment.
- Add ¾ to 1 cup of water, asafoetida, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic and ghee and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of the batter on one half of the greased side of a banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.
- Fold the other side over the batter and cook on a non-stick pan or a tava using little oil till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 19 more pankis. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.