Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1847 times
Rice jello presents an uniquely innovative dessert recipe with rice paste blended with gelatin and milk. The gelatinous and sweet rice jello is added with essence and crushed nuts on cooling . Satisfy your sweet tooth with this unique and tasty rice jello .
Add your private note
Rice Jello recipe - How to make Rice Jello
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: 30-40 Minutes Total Time:
Cooked Basmati Rice 1 cup
Gelatin 1 Packet
Milk 4 cups sugar as per taste
Almonds, Cashews, Pistachio sliced for garnishing
- Grind the cooked rice coarsely in the blender with some milk or water.
- Take the milk in a pan and heat it with the rice paste.
- Let it boil for sometime as the milk thinkens and stirring it constantly.
- In the meantime, add the gelatin to one cup of hot water and stir till it is completely dissolves.
- When the milk is reduced to some extent add the gelatin water to this mixture and boil some more. when the milk is at least 3/4(can reduce further) of what it originally was, take it off the flame.
- Once it gets slightly cooled, add the essence and the nuts.
- Pour it on to a vessel where you want to set it.
- Keep in the refrigerator till it sets.
- Serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by rashmeg on 30 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.