Rice Flour with Sweet Side Dish
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8059 times
- Soak the rice in water for about an hour.
- Drain the water. grind the rice with salt, adding 1 1/2 cups of water. the rice should be very finely ground (grind for about 5 minutes in the mixer).
- Transfer this rice mixture into a vessel & add 1 more cup of water to it. don''t be alarmed that the batter is so watery. it has to be very watery so that the dosais come out thin & crisp.
- Heat non-stick dosai tava till it is very hot. sprinkle some veg. oil(1/2 tsp).
- Using a spoon(the usual one which is used to spread dosai), just "sprinkle" the batter on the hot tava unevenly. do not use the back of the spoon to spread out the batter as is usually done.
- Leave it to cook for about 2 minutes (or till it is crisp) and using a laddle, remove the dosai.
- With this quantity, you can make upto 10 dosais.this is taken along with sweet side dish.
- Using a scrapper,scrap the coconut.
- Grate the jaggery.
- Add this to the freshly shred coconut scrappings.
- Add just a pinch of salt.
- Mix well.
- Enjoy this with the rice dosai.
This recipe was contributed by mamli on 23 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.