Rice Flour Chakli ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
राईस फ्लॉर चकली
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Rice Flour Chakli ( Gluten Free Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111821 times
This tempting south indian version of chakli is made using rice flour enhanced with sesame seeds and cumin seeds (optional). Keep the snack handy for between-meals hunger pangs!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using little water.
- Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round whirls of the dough on aflat surface, working closely from the centre to the outside to the whirl (approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter). You will get approx. 30 chaklis.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, deep-fry the chaklis, a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn light brown in colour and crisp from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chakli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.