Rice Dal Pakoda
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5010 times
The snack is tasty and filling. this can be served with chutneys for better taste.
this is an old snack and has gradually disappeared from the lost of popular recipes.
- Soak bengal gram dhal, toor dhal and rice together for approximately 60 minutes.
- Soak green gram dhal and black gram dhal separately for approximately 60 minutes.
- Wash the soaked rice and dhal and remove small stones, foreign particles and drain water.
- Grind the soaked bengal gram dhal, toor dhal and rice along with chillies, asfoetida, and salt into a rough paste;
- Drain water from the soaked black gram dhal; grind separately; and mix with the rice dhal paste mentioned above.
- Drain water from the soaked green gram dhal and mix the green gram with the rice dhal paste.
- Cut ginger into small bits and add the ginger bits and coconut scrapings to the rice dhal paste.
- Pinch curry leaves and add the pinched leaves to the rice dhal paste.
- Mix the above and ensure a loose batter.
- Heat the frying pan and pour the batter into the pan to form small pakodas.
- Add oil and turn over each pakoda 2-3 times until it appears crisp.
This recipe was contributed by susheelar on 17 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.