Rice Crispies By sonia_thamman
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2420 times
Rice crispies is quite an interesting rice based snack recipe. The boiled and left over rice is mashed and made into balls which are dried and later deep fried. The rice crispies are best paired with green chutney and served hot as snack or side dish.
- Wash, soak the rice for 6 hours and grind to a smooth paste add as little water as possible and should turn out like a chapati dough.
- While grinding add red chilies and salt.
- Remove and add the butter, jeera and chopped nuts.
- Lastly add the urad dal and mix well.
- Make small balls and flatten them on your palm.
- Deep fry these till crisp.
- Drain, cool and store in air-tight containers.
This recipe was contributed by sonia_thamman on 09 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.