Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5084 times
Rice casserole is a layered rice and vegetable dish which is baked in a greased baking dish. A complete meal in itself, rice casserole is delicious, easy to prepare and healthy.
- Cook rice with a little salt and keep aside.
- Cut brocoli into florets and mushrooms into quarters.
- Take a pan. heat 1 tsp butter and saute the vegetables, along with minced garlic, salt and pepper. remove on to a plate.
- In the same pan, warm the remaining butter, add the flour and cook for around 1 or 2 minutes. then gradually add milk and let it come to a boil, mixing thoroughly.
- In a buttered baking dish, layer the rice and vegetables. pour the milk mixture over this and top it with grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 f and bake for 10 minutes or unti the cheese becomes golden brown.
This recipe was contributed by Reenagurudutt on 22 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.