Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4784 times
Rice bullets is an unique snack or breakfast recipe with coarsely ground rice powders cooked with green chillies and coconut and then shaped into bullet. These rice bullets are steamed in an Idli maker and served hot with coconut chutney.
- Wash the rice powder well
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds
- When it splutters add the urad dal and hing powder
- Add the cut green chillies, curry leaves and ginger
- Add 2 cups water, salt and the grated coconut
- When the water comes to a boil slowly add the washed rice powder stirring continuously so as to avoid lumps
- Cover and cook for 5-7 mins.
- Remove from fire and when it cools slightly make small balls in bullet shape.
- The above ingredients makes 10 -12 balls
- Steam once again in a pressure cooker or idli cooker for 10 mins
This recipe was contributed by sowmya_sridhar on 08 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.