by Foodie #590141
This recipe has been viewed 2000 times
Ribbon pakoda is best suited with tea or coffee in mansoon season. It is also called as tape pakoda.
- Combine all ingredients except oil for frying in a bowl. Mix thoroughly with your fingers till butter is well incorporated and it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add 3/4 - 1 cup water and knead to make a firm dough.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan till smoking.
- Add 1 table spoon hot oil to dough and knead again.
- Insert the ribbon pakoda disc (with two 1/2’’ slits running alon its diameter) in a thenkuzhal press.
- Fill container with dough and press dough out in ribbons into hot oil.
- With a slotted spoon break ribbons into convenient lengths to facilitate turn ribbons and fry till the hissing sound ceases and they are golden and crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Cool and store in airtight jars.
- They remain crisp for a couple of weeks.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #590141 on 03 Jul 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.