Refried Beans By saregama
This recipe has been viewed 1456 times
Mexico's famous beans recipe, refried beans are basically the beans, that are almost overcooked till they resemble a puree like consistency. This hearty dish appears on Mexican tables at every meal from breakfast to midnight, as beans are economical, delicious and nourishing. enjoy refried beans as a sandwich filling or with tortillas.
- Wash the beans and soak in water ovenight. next day, drain.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, green chillies and half the onions and put to cook in a pressure cooker. drain. keep aside the drained water.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining onions for 1/2 minute.
- Add the beans, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, sugar, butter and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mash the beans coarsely.
- If the mixture is dry, add the drained water.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by saregama on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.