Refreshco Regio ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20895 times
A perfect accompaniment to any meal! If doctors have tagged sugar-laden drinks with a ‘no-no’ for you, here’s a diabetic-friendly drink made using healthy fruits and sugar-free soda.
Fruits are rich in fibre, iron, and other vitamins like vitamin C and A, and contain natural fruit sugar that does not fluctuate blood sugar levels. The use of a sugar substitute makes it taste even better… however those who like it as it is can relish the drink even without a sweetener.
- Combine the oranges, pineapple, strawberries, apples, lemon juice and sugar substitute in a bowl.
- In a glass, put a portion of the fruits and crush lightly using a pestle (khalbhatta).
- Add 1 tbsp of pineapple juice and pour ½ bottle of soda over it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more glasses.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.