Red Velvet Cake
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27059 times
A sinful cake recipe, especially created for all cake lovers, Red velvet cake is simply irrestible.A delicious mix of shortening with flour, eggs, castor sugar and baking soda. Top the red colored velvet cake with vanilla frosting and your Christmas special cake is ready to be served as dessert or with tea.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the shortening, eggs and sugar.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa and food coloring.
- Add the paste to the shortening mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt together over parchment.
- Add to the batter alternately with the buttermilk in 3 additions.
- Add the vanilla extract. fold in the baking soda and vinegar.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. invert the cakes from the pans.
- Over medium heat, cook the flour and milk until thickened. let cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Frost the top of the first layer with frosting and set the second layer on top.
- Frost the entire cake with remaining frosting.
This recipe was contributed by pallavikamal on 24 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.