Red Pumpkin Koottu
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14770 times
Goes well with rotis and any rice.
- Cut the red pumpkin into small cubes.
- In a vessel, add the pumpkin, chana dal, green chillies and salt and cook adding little water till the vegetable and dal is soft.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil and fry the coriander seeds, chana dal and the red chillies till brown and grind it along with the coconut to a smooth paste.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked pumpkin along with a little water and cook till the vegetable blends with the paste.
- Heat oil , add mustard seeds and allow to splutter, then add the urad dal and fry till golden brown and add the hing and curry leaves and temper the vegetable.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 09 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.