Unique Jain Recipes
Contest closes 28 Feb 2019
Jain vegetarian diet is practised by the followers of Jain culture and philosophy. It is considered to be one of the most rigorous forms of spiritually-motivated diet on the Indian subcontinent and beyond. The Jain cuisine is completely vegetarian and it also excludes onions and garlic.
Though many feel Jain food is nothing but vegetarian food without certain root vegetables, there are very few who know Jainism involves much more rules. There are many of our Jain friends who are very particular about their Jain meal.
So…here is an opportunity for you all to surprise us and your Jain friends with exquisite meals comprising your favourite Jain Desi and International recipes, all cooked in your own kitchen, and completely in accordance with the Jain standards.
Show your creativity this season and win a cookbook on
"Jain Desi Khana"
For an innovative recipe,click here
Submit your entries to the contest!
Do you want to participate in the contest and win exciting prizes. You need to
be logged in to submit your entries. Click here to login and return to this
- Submissions must be original
- Tarladalal.com reserves the right to use the recipes sent to us by the contestants.
- Winners would be selected by a panel of cooks headed by Tarla Dalal. The decision arrived at by the panel would be final and not open to debate by the contestants.
- Each month’s winner names would be announced at this site along with the announcement of the new contest.
- Every participant can send more than one recipe for the contest.
- The recipe should be preferably for four persons.
- Each recipe should contain, right quantities for each ingredient, their purpose (oil for greasing or flour for dusting) and the process of making the dish in detail.
- Submission may be modified anytime before contest closes
Result of the last contest
Recipes using Green leafy vegetables
Closed on: 29 Jan 2019
The contest winners list
View contest archive....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.