Recipe Palak Kofta
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 43286 times
Recipe Palak koftas or spinach dumplings are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. The gram flour or besan blended palak koftas are fried and simmered in the curry for this delicious recipe.
- Boil potatoes. peel and mash it.
- Add salt in mashed potato and mix.
- Make 8 part of it and keep aside.
- Mix greated paneer,salt,suger and lime juice very well.
- Take one part of smased potato and make a flat puri of it.
- Fill it with paneer mixture,one cashew nut and one kishmish.
- Now close that puri and give an oval shape of kofta.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Roll kofta in aralot and fry in very hot oil.
- When it becomes light brown remove from oil.
- Done same with left koftas and keep aside them.
- Clean palakh and remove steam from it.
- Wash palakh and rinse.
- Put 4 cup water in big vessel on gas.
- When water starts boiling add a pinch of soda bi carb and salt in it.
- Then add palakh in it.
- Keep palakh on slow flame for 5 mins.
- When palakh becomes soft turn off the gas and rinse it in another vessel.
- In that hot water dip 2 tomato till skin beome soft.
- Remove peel of tomato.
- Now mix palakh,tomato,cumin seeds,coriender,few leaves of mint(optioal),green chilly and ginger and churn in mixi very well.
- Make a smooth paste of it.
- Heat butter in one pan add pinch of hing and pour palakh paste in it.
- Add haldi in it.
- Bring it to boil.
- Turn off the gas.
- Now grease baking dish.
- Put all kofta in dish and pour palakh greavy on it.
- Sprinkle greated cheese on it.
- Pre heat the ovan and bake it for 5 mins. at 450 deegre.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.