Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1612 times
The consistency of the batter should be pouring and not too thick.if you have spread the dosa thin enough then you need not cook the other side.
Add your private note
Rawa dosa recipe - How to make Rawa dosa
Cooking Time: Total Time:
rawa - 2cups
rice flour - 1cup
asafoetida - 1/4tsp salt to taste
ginger - 1 inch piece
green chillies - 4
dry coconut - 1/4
cashewnuts - 12
peppercorns - 2tbsps
cumin seeds - 1tsp
pure ghee - 2tbsps
oil - to shallow fry
- 1- blend rawa,rice flour & two and one fourth cups of water to make a thin batter.add asafoetida & salt.
- 2- peel,wash & finely chop ginger.remove stems,wash and finely chop green chillies.grate dry coconut & crush cashewnuts.add all these to the batter.
- 3- crush peppercorns & cumin seeds.heat ghee in a pan and fry peppercorns & cumin seeds lightly.add to batter and stir well.
- 4- lightly grease a non-stick tawa.pour a ladle full of batter and spread by swirling the tawa.
- 5- pour a tablespoon of oil around and on dosa and cook till it is crisp and golden in colour.remove and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#403116 on 07 Mar 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.