This recipe has been viewed 5542 times
Rawa idli is one of the most popular tasting idli or steamed semolina based dumpling recipe. A popular South Indian food, rawa idli enjoys appeal among all and is typically eaten with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- Soak rawa in sour curd for 1 hour. in 4 tsp of ghee, fry the following: 1 tsp whole black peppers, . when it bursts, add few cashews, a bunch of curry leaves and add it to the soaked rawa. add salt.
- Then make idlis as follows:
- Take idli plates and place a drop of oil in each idli mould and spread it over the entire mould.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a large vessel or pressure cooker and place the filled idli plates and cover with lid. heat in high for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the plates from the vessel and remove the idlis.pour 2 tsp of sesame oil while serving.
This recipe was contributed by sunilmerchant on 21 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.