Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3150 times
Adding rava or semolina to the typical Dosa batter renders the Dosa an unique taste and a crispy texture. The rava is mixed with buttermilk and then spread on a non stick pan like dosas or pancakes and then relished hot as breakfast or mini meal.
- Mix together the rawa, flour, curds and 1/2 cup of water to make a batter.
- Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, coconut, corrainder leaves, and salt and mix well.
- Add more water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a large non-stick tava on a high flame and pour 1/2 cup of the batter while tilting the tava so that the batter forms a thin layer.
- Smear a little oil on the sides.
- When the sides brown evenly, fold over into half.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rupkali on 23 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.