Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6221 times
Is made from toor dal and semolina. Ideal to prepare for breakfast when you have left over sambhar very healthy and filling.
- Fry all ingredients for sambahar powder with little oil except coconut,then make the powder out of it.
- Boil the dhal in the pressure cooker.
- Pour oil in a pan and when heated add mustard and curry leaves,add chopped onions and saute till you get a nise aroma then add dhal and more water to get sambar consistency.
- Add tamarind, salt sugar and sambar powder and boil,taste little if you think you need any thing more add them to it.
- Now add the fried and cooled semoline little by little to avoid formation of lumps.
- Add more water if it gets thick and finally chopped tomatoes.
This recipe was contributed by geetharam32 on 30 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.