Raw mango squash
by ADITYA MATHUR
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10432 times
Its a summer special acts as an cooling agent in the body
ice cubes can also be added to the drink as needed to give i a more soothing and cooling effect
Add your private note
Raw mango squash recipe - How to make Raw mango squash
Cooking Time: Total Time:
• Raw Mangoes - 1kg
• Water - 1cup
• Sugar - 11/2kg
• Water - 2cup
• Citric Acid - 2tsp
• Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
• Potassium Meta bisulphate - 1/2tsp
- Peel the skin of the mango and cut into small pieces. cook the mango pieces with 1cup of water. when it is done, remove from the fire and allow cooling.
- After that either grind it in an electric liquidizer or squeeze the mango pieces with a ladle.
- sieve the solution through a cloth and keep aside.
- Heat 11/2kg sugar, 2 cups water, citric acid and cinnamon powder in a vessel. stir continuously. when the sugar dissolves in the water, add the mango juice into it.
- When the squash boils, remove it from the fire and allow cooling.
- When the solution cools, take 1/4cup of juice from it and dissolve potassium meta bisulphate in it.
- Pour this to the remaining squash and stir well.
- Store the squash in an airtight bottle.
- Serve chilled in a tumbler garnished with slit slices of raw mangoes
This recipe was contributed by ADITYA MATHUR on 23 Apr 2008HI,
I AM A HOTELIER BY PROFESSSION & WORK IN SAYAJI HOTEL, INDORE AS AS SERVICE CAPTAIN & HAVE A K...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.