Raw Papaya Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5251 times
Raw papaya is a wonderful ingredient for savoury cooking, whether you want to add it to a subzi or a paratha.
It has a subtle but unique flavour and a nice mouth-feel. The flavour of the stuffing is boosted using a combination of common ingredients, which works perfectly with the raw papaya.
Indeed, the Raw Papaya Paratha is a no-fuss one, but one that’s sure to please everyone. So, go for it without any second thoughts.
You can also try other mouth-watering parathas like the Radish Spinach Paratha or Pizza Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using 1 tsp of oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.