Raw Mango and Coconut Rice
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2147 times
The ground mixture can also be used as mango chutney with dosa or chapati.
Add your private note
Raw Mango and Coconut Rice recipe - How to make Raw Mango and Coconut Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Dry roast methi lightly in a pan, add mustard seeds in pan when methi is roasted and immediately transfer to a mixer grinder.
- Grind methi and mustard seeds to a fine powder.
- Now without removing this powder from mixer, add grated coconut, grated raw mango, red chilli, hing, haldi, coriander leaves and salt. Grind this mixture without adding water.
- Add the required quantity of ground mixture to cooked rice and mix. (do not add the whole of the ground mixture to the rice at first. First add half quantity and mix, check if spicy and sourness of the rice mixture is ok otherwise add some more or the remaining half of the ground mixture and mix. )
- Roast groundnuts in oil and add to the rice mixture.
- In the same oil add mustard seeds, chana dal, udad dal and curry leaves, when it splutters add to the rice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#413327 on 07 May 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.