Raw Mango Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 742 times
Raw mangoes are available in plenty in the summer months. Most people don’t even have to go to the market to get it, because it might just grow in their backyard or be shared by friends and relatives!
So, how does one make the most of raw mangoes? Of course, you can make pickles and aam panna, or just relish it plain. You can also make a tasty subzi out of this all-time favourite ingredient.
Tangy raw mangoes flavoured with a coconut paste and a tempering of everyday spices and spice powders, the Raw Mango Subzi has a unique taste that is quite different from what we usually eat.
It is indeed a must-try in the summer months. Enjoy it with rotis, or with rice and dal.
You can also try other recipes like Onion and Raw Mango Chunda or Raw Mango Salad
- Combine the raw mangoes and enough water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the raw mangoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coconut paste, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the mango subzi and mix gently.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.