Raw Banana Methi Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 3560 times
This unique recipe transforms raw bananas into a tongue-tickling delicacy! Indeed, the addition of fenugreek leaves gives the raw bananas a total makeover, enhancing its flavour and aroma to a great extent.
The Raw Banana Methi Subzi is really quick and easy, and made with common ingredients that will not send you hunting from shop to shop.
So, you can decide in the last minute and make this on any day provided you have raw banana and methi on hand. It tastes great when served hot and fresh immediately after preparation.
You can also try your hand at making other raw banana dishes like Jain Pav Bhaji or Raw Banana Fritters .
- Put the raw bananas and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Remove the bananas, keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the banana slices, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.