Rava Kesari ( Semolina Fudge)
by Kavitha Iyengar
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23145 times
Its the south-indian version of the famous sweet - sheera.
- Dry roast the semolina in a pan for a few seconds till it gets slightly heated. Keep aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a deep pan, add the cashew nuts and raisins and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the remaining ghee, semolina, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water to the semolina and mix well, while stirring continuously.
- Add a pinch of orange food colour, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Lower the flame and cook for about 10 minutes, while stirring frequently to avoid lumps.
- Add the sugar, cardamom and mix well till it dissolves, while stirring for another 5-10 minutes to avoid lumps.
- Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Add half the cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Garnish it with remaining cashew nuts, raisins.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Kavitha Iyengar on 14 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.