Rava Idli with Tamarind Chutney
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6669 times
Rava idli with tamarind chutney is an unique combination of enjoying the spongy rava idlis with a tangy tamarind chutney. Serve as quick breakfasts or healthy tiffin options.
- Peel and wash onions and garlic.
- Cut each onion into 6-8 pieces.
- Blend all the ingradients in a liquidiser.
- A quick chuttney that amazes everyone by the taste inversely proportional to the time taken.
- Microwave rawa for one minute and let stand for two minutes.
- Add ginger, chillie and salt.
- Add sour curds and mix. if needed, add water to bring it to a consistency so that the mixture has an uneven top but if you strike the vessel (containing the mixture)gently twice or thrice on a table or your kitchen slab, the top becomes a flat surface.
- Add a teaspoon of water to a level teaspoon of eno fruit salt and mix it well in the rawa dough. keep aside.
- Take 6 microwaveable bowls as explained above, and grease each of them.
- Put three strands of carrot, each along a central line symmetrically in each bowl. place one almond in the centre of each bowl.
- Put one-sixth of mixture in each bowl.
- Strike each bowl gently on the slab to make the top even.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. let stand for 2 minutes.
- Invert each bowl onto a plate. you will be surprised at the ease the idalies come out.
- Garnish with what you like.
- Wah-bhai-wah! idalies with a different look! serve with chuttney and get appreciation from the eater.
This recipe was contributed by arsims on 03 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.