Rava Idli By smithasrini
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6425 times
Here's a simple, soft and spongy wheat rava or semolina idli recipe that can be made instantly. Learn how to make tasty, soft rava idlis with semolina and rice flour blended together. Serve rava idlis with coconut chutney.
- Soak the daal in plenty of water for about 4-6 hours.
- Grind daal to a very fine paste.
- Mix both idli rava and daal paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 7-8 hours, undisturbed.
- When ready to prepare idlis, add soda bicarb and salt and beat well.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- The batter should be fairly thick.
- To make idlis, spoon batter onto an idli stand.
- Heat water in idli cooker/pressure cooker (without the whistle), and place stand in it.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Insert a clean knife or a skewer, it should come out clean if the idlis are done.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar, or accompany with vadas.
This recipe was contributed by smithasrini on 23 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.