Rava Idli ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 439 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 212678 times
Soft and spongy rava idlis can be made in a jiffy for a quick and satiating breakfast.
- Combine all ingredients together, other than the fruit salt and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the oil, ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and asafoetida in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cashewnuts, curry leaves, green chillies and microwave for 1 more minute.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the base of a microwave safe idli steamer and microwave on high for 1 minute. Grease the idli moulds using little oil.
- Add the tempering and the fruit salt to the batter and mix well.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into each greased cavity of the idli moulds and microwave, covered, on high for 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 more idlis.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Handy tips :
- Fruit salt contains sodium so the salt has to added accordingly.
- After adding fruit salt you have to make the idlis immediately as the fruit salt will loose its effect very soon.
- The idlis will not fluff up very well.
- We have used plastic microwave safe idli stand with 8 idlis in each container.
- You can use small glass bowls instead and cover them with plastic (microwave safe) wrap to retain the moisture.
- The time taken to cook the idlis will depend upon the number of idlis you make at a time.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.