Rava Green Peas Tikki (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45283 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 2 tikkis
low in effort, low in calories– replace starchy potatoes with semolina in this tasty tikki and stuff it with a spicy green peas filling that’s high in vitamins and fibre.
- Divide the green pea stuffing each into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep pan.
- Remove from the flame, add the semolina, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar and salt, and mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Knead the mixture to a smooth and soft dough using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape a portion into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Form a depression in the centre of each circle, place a portion of the stuffing in the centre and bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing.
- Roll again between your palms and flatten to make 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat tikki.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 7 more tikkis.
- Cook each tikki on a non-stick tava (griddle) using 1/8 tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
- If the stuffing is a little extra, you can make stuffed parathas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.