Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2599 times
Here is a crispy thin Rava dosai recipe which is made from a batter consisting of rawa or semolina. An easy recipe which do not require any fermentation, the dosai is best enjoyed as breakfast or healthy snack with coconut chutney.
- Mix suji, rice flour,salt and lemon juice.
- Add water to make a thin batter of pouring consistency and add jeera(raw)and curry leaves(raw).
- Temper the mixture with mustard seeds,hing(asafoetida),green chillies.
- Keep this mixture aside for twentyfive minutes or so.
- After twenty five minutes are over if the batter has thickened and some more water to make it to a pouring consistency.
- Heat a non stick or ordinary griddle nicely.pour the mixture from the top in circular motion.
- Once it gets cooked remove from fire.serve with malgapadi or coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Chinuminu on 25 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.