Ratatouille with Herbed Kodri ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11178 times
Ratatouille is a famous vegetable delicacy from italy, made using zucchini, brinjal and tomatoes. It is usually served with rice or pasta. For a change, i have served it with diabetic-friendly kodri flavoured with mixed herbs. Use fresh herbs as they are flavourful and aromatic and ensure the true taste of kodri. Rice has a high glycaemic index and can raise the blood sugar levels quickly, which is why i have replaced it with fibre-rich kodri. If you do not find kodri easily, use dalia or buckwheat that are equally good. Rich in nutrients like calcium, iron and folic acid, this dish is a completely healthy meal indeed!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the zucchini and brinjal, mix well and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and ½ cup water, mix well and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the tomato purée and cream, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano and red chilli flakes and mix well. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the kodri for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the kodri and ½ tsp of oil and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the kodri is cooked.
- Drain, refresh using cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the kodri and salt and mix gently.
- Add the parsley, celery and basil, mix gently and cook over a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place the kodri on a serving plate, top with the ratatouille and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.