Ratatouille Lasagne ( Pizzas and Pastas)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 437 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22862 times
Layers of fresh spinach lasagne interlaced with a traditional aubergine ratatouille and creamy white sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead to a very firm dough, using water.
- Rest the dough under a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter using a little plain flourfor rolling.
- Cook each sheet of lasagne for 2 minutes in a large pan of boiling water to which 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil has been added.
- Drain and transfer the lasagne sheets in a bowl of cold water. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add the onion, celery and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the brinjals and salt and sauté till the brinjals soften.
- Add the tomatoes and mixed herbs and mix well and cook on a medi9um flame for 3 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- When the tomatoes soften, add the ketchup, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Divide into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the butter, add the flour and saute for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking it continuously so that no lumps form.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Remove from the fire. Keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter baking dish and pour 2 tbsp of the prepared white sauce and spread it evenly.
- Place one sheet of the spinach lasagne on the baking dish.
- Top with half the ratatouille and then spoon some white sauce over.
- Place a second sheet of the spinach lasagne and then spoon the remaining ratatouille and a little of the white sauce over it.
- Place the third sheet of spinach lasagne and top with the remaining white sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake in preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till the cheese browns lightly.
- Serve hot.
- Spinach puree is made by blanching the spinach and then blending it to a smooth paste.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1553.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||51.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.