Rasmalai By Foodie #48100
by Foodie #48100
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2794 times
(1)do not tie the paneer in a cloth and press for rosogullas and rasmalai. just hold under running water, press out extra water and knead gently with fingers not palms. always use freshly made paneer from cow's milk for best results.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of sugar and water to boil.
- In another pan put the milk & 1 cup sugar to boil.
- Make balls and flatten to patties (1" diameter) and gently let into the boiling water.
- Cover with a perforated or partially covered lid.
- Boil for 12-15 minutes.
- On touch the rasmalai should spring back, to be done.
- Boil milk to 2/3, add cardamom, sliced nuts and saffron, well dissolved.
- Gently remove each rasmalai, drain water and transfer to milk.
- Allow to boil further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire, cool to room temperature.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.