Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4820 times
learn the trick to prepare the best tasting, softest and easiest rasgullas, an Indian dessert .Rasgullas are prepared from freshly made cottage cheese or chenna and then steamed in sugar syrup.
- Boil milk and add lemon to curdle, the mil will separate into curds.
- Suspend the curds in the muslin cloth to drain every single drop of water.
- Boil sugar, and water, add rose essence.
- With the palm of your hand mash the curdsfor 5 - 6 mins to break up texture.
- Sprinkle flour ,little at a time and mix well, mashing with your palm.
- Make size of even size.
- Put few at a time in boiling syrup and boil for 10- 12 mins.
- When all rasgullas are done take out in a bowl and pour syrup n them.
This recipe was contributed by flying chef on 13 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.