Rasgulla With Fruit Custard
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6266 times
Make it in any flavors of your choice. Ours is kesar for festivals like diwali. Do not crowd it with fruits. Use two at a time. It is nutritious and low calorie. Make mini size rasgullis.
- In a thick bottom pan or pressure cooker, add water and sugar and bring to boil.
- Add kesar and cardamom powder and continue to boil.
- Keep the syrup thin and flowy. Keep aside.
- Mash the panneer untill soft.
- Add maida and mix well and make smooth small balls and put them in to the above bubbling sugar syrup. Add few at a time. Cover and continue boiling for 7-8 minutes.
- The balls will swell and rise up.
- Let them stand for half an hour.
- Remove and refrigerate then soaked in little syrup.
- Heat the milk in a deep pan, add the sugar, saffron milk masala, mix well and boil.
- Add the cornflour mixed in 1/4 cup cold milk and add it to the boiling milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes the milk will smoothen up and coat the spoon.
- Remove from the flame and transfer it to a deep bowl. Refrigerate till chilled.
- Add the fruits, mix well and refrigerate again.
- In a tall broad glass, pour the custard, squeezed rasgullis 2-3 of them, custard, fruits and custard again. Refrigerate for an hour. While serving garnish it by placing one or two praline rounds standing at the sides of glass.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 21 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.