Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7605 times
A traditional syrupy chenna or freshly prepared cheese based dessert of Bengal, rasgulla is a popular Indian sweet or mithai recipe. Find many easy and tasty dessert recipes, mithai recipes at tarladalal.com.
- Heat the milk to boiling point and add lime juice for curdling. when milk is completely curdled, pour into a muslin cloth and allow to drain.
- When almost dry, press the cloth with a weight and leave to drain further.
- Once the solid chenna (paneer) has been formed, add flour and knead to a soft dough. make small balls from the dough.
- Boil sugar and water for 5 minutes to make a syrup and carefully drop balls into the syrup. cook the balls gently in the syrup for 15 minutes.
- Cool and add rose water. serve chilled with the syrup.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.