Rasawala Chana ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 122918 times
Ummmm. . . . Here is a sweet tangy kathol preparation that leaves your taste buds with food memories. Besan adds the required thickness to the kathol, but remember to sauté the besan on a slow flame till brown or else it will impart a raw taste to the kathol. Do not make this recipe too much in advance as it tends to thicken after sometime.
Add your private note
Rasawala Chana ( Gujarati Recipe) recipe - How to make Rasawala Chana ( Gujarati Recipe)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the besan and sauté for 30 seconds or till the besan turns brown in colour.
- Add the kala chana, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, tamarind water, jiggery, salt, coriander and 1½ cups water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rotli and chaas.
- ¾ cup raw kala chana will give approximately 2 cups of soaked kala chana.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.