Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8942 times
A delicious subzi made with brinjals, toor dal and chana dal, mixed witrh red chillied and coconut.
- Roast chana dal, coriander seeds, chilli, coconut in very little oil to red and grind to a fine powder.
- Roast brinjal to medium in a vessel.
- Pour the tamarind extract and add salt, turmeric, asafoetida and let it boil.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- When they are tender, add the pressure cooked toor dal and boil full.
- Add the powder and put off flame and serve.
This recipe was contributed by shuba18 on 04 Dec 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.