Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4600 times
Light and healthy. serve with a rice based veggie meal on a hot summer day, with sukhi bhindi, bhara karela or tinda raita and any hot achaar.
- Wash and roughly chop coriander
- Roughly crush tomato with hand in a bowl
- Slice ginger into thin strips
- Put moong dal to boil along with enough water to arrive at a reasonably light consistency, salt and turmeric, crushed tomato, sliced ginger, the green chilli and all the coriander
- As dal starts boiling, add the rasam powder and let dal boil till done. switch flame off and squeeze in and mix the half-lemon's juice and transfer to a serving vessel
- Heat oil with hing, add the red chilli after breaking it, and sputter the jeera in it
- Pour tempering over dal and serve
This recipe was contributed by tnps on 02 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.