Rasam dhokla (south meets north)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2709 times
The rasam should be very thin & not thick. the dhokla will be only of moong dal & not beasan.
Add your private note
Rasam dhokla (south meets north) recipe - How to make Rasam dhokla (south meets north)
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 & half cup : Moong Dal
2 table sp Sugar
1 tea sp Salt
1 Tea sp. Citric acid ( optional juice of half lemon)
1 Tea sp. Baking soda or Eno fruit salt.
1 tea sp. Green chillies & ginger paste.
2 and half cup tamarind water
150 gms. Jaggery
3 Big Tomatoes cut into small pieces. salt to taste
1 tea sp. Dhania powder.
1 tea sp. Lal mirchi powder
½ tea sp. Haldi powder
2 tab spoon: Refined Oil curry leaves (kadi patta) mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
For Garnishing :
4 Tb. Sp.Grated Coconut
- Preparation of dhokla:
- Soak moong dal for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Grind it to a fine paste adding very little water. it should be of thick consistency. mix all the ingredients except soda. keep one kadahi on cooking gas with water in it. keep a ring inside it.let the water boil. grease a thali. now add soda to the batter & pour the batter in the thali. keep the thali on the ring & cover the kadahi with a big thal
- Preparation of rasam.
- Keep a kadahi on cooking gas. add refined oil. when oil gets warm add mustard seeds, curry leaves. add the tomatoes, salt, haldi. when it becomes soft add the tamarind water.
- Tamarind water should be of very thin in consistency.add the jaggery, dhania powder & lal mirch powder. when the jaggery melts fully & the rasam gets boiled nicely switch off the gas. add the coriander leaves & grated coconut to the rasam.
- Method of serving:
- Arrange 5-6 pieces of dhokla in a small plate. warm the rasam. pour 3-4 table spoon of rasam over the dhokla. garnish with coconut & coriander leaves & serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by swatimodi_72 on 11 Aug 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.