Rasam By subhasrim
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4348 times
A nice easy and spicy rasam recipe, A South Indian lentil soup with tomato paste. The hot and tangy rasam can be served with rice or enjoyed simply as a soup.
- Boil the daal with the whole tomato.
- Soak the tamarind in hot water.
- Mash the cooked daal and the tomato.
- Squeeze the tamarind water and start boiling it in a pan.
- Add the mashed daal and tomato.
- Add turmeric, salt and sugar.
- Mix some water in the rasam powder and make a paste and add it to the boiling rasam.
- Let this boil for about 20 mins.
- Heat ghee, add mustard seeds, jeera, hing and curry leaves. add this to the boiling rasam.
- Garnish with coriander.(optional)
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 15 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.