Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 15376 times
Rasabali is a sweet oriya dish made of milk. Paneer is made into balls, lightly flattened and deep fried till golden brown. The deep fried paneer are immediately soaked in thickened milk and garnished with chopped nuts.
- Combine the paneer, semolina, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and powder sugar in a mixing bowl and knead it thoroughly to smooth and soft mixture.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each into flatten tikkis. Keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, add the milk and bring it to a boil, by stirring frequently.
- Add the saffron strands and remaining cardamom powder and simmer the milk till it reduce to half.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry all the paneer tikkis till it turns to golden brown.
- Remove and immediately drop into a hot milk.
- Once all the deep fried paneer tikkis are added, remove the milk from the flame.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and leave for sometime to let the paneer soak the milk.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Make sure not to over fry flattened paneer tikkis.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 18 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.