Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10608 times
The sweet dish ,rasmalai is a simple and quick recipe of preparing Bengali sweet delicacy rasmalai at home.The chenna based sweet balls are simmered in a creamy and sweetened milk mixture.
- If you are using the ricotta cheese,mix together the confectioner''s sugar and cheese.
- Spread on a baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hrs till the cheese turns light brown and loses all moisture.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- When cool, shape into small flat balls.
- If you are using paneer, mix the paneer and sugar and shape it into flat balls.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil to yield sugar syrup.the syrup should not be too thick.
- Insert the balls one by one in the syrup and warm them up. they should become spongy.
- In the meantime, boil the half and half with the rose water.
- Set aside.
- Add the cardamom and nuts to the half and half and mix well.
- Add the cooked balls to the half and half.
- Let it stay immersed for about 1 hr.
- You can either chill it or serve it at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by sapnasree on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.