Ras Malai By rajkavya
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8301 times
The thickening of half and half can be also done in a microave;if it is not available, do it over very low flame and stir frequently.
- Mix 1.5 cups of sugar with the ricotta cheese and bake it in a 400o f ovenfor about 1hr and 15 mins in a flat dish covered with aluminium foil.
- The cheese should have hardened and turned a pale brown.
- Thicken the half and half by simmering over low flame for a long time.stir frequently.
- Thicken until the volume drops to around half of the original volume.
- Now add the remaining 0.5 cup sugar,cardamon pods,bay leaf,vanilla essence and rose water to the half and half.
- Heat it for few mins.
- After the cheese has been baked,cut them into squares or you can make them balls.
- Add these balls or squares into the half and half prepared mixture and refrigirate it for 1 to 2hrs.
- Now the serve the cool
- Ras malai.
This recipe was contributed by rajkavya on 10 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.