Ranga Rang Puri (on The Occassion Of Holi)
by Deepali Mathur
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4707 times
Add color and taste top your table on Holi with the Ranga rang puri (on the occasion of holi). Prepared with a dough comprising separately of spinach and beetroot puree, the ranga rang puris are deep fried in hot oil and relished with pickle or aloo ki subzi.
- Take one cup flour. add haldi powder to it. knead it along with water to form hard dough, for puris. this will give yellow colour to the dough.
- Take another cup of flour. add the liquidised spinach to it. knead it along with water (if required) to form hard dough. this will give green colour to the dough.
- Take the grated red beetroot and add a little water to it. squeeze the juice of beetroot into the third cup of wheat flour. knead it along with water to form hard dough. this will give red colour to the dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 30 minutes.
- Take half of each of the three dough and roll them lengthwise separately. then put all the three rolls together and twist them together.
- Lightly cut them with a knife into small pieces to make puris.
- Do not roll the small pieces into balls before making puris. just press them lightly with hand and then with the help of a roller make small round puris. fry them in hot oil.
- These puris can be accompanied with aloo ki subzi, achaar, chutney etc.
This recipe was contributed by Deepali Mathur on 12 Feb 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.