Ranga Alur Puli
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8388 times
An amazing traditional Bengali sweet recipe, Ranga alur puli has ranga alu or sweet potatoes mashed and then mixed with flour to make a dough. This sweet dough is then filled with a coconut filling and then simmered in sugar syrup after sealing the edges. A festival special puli recipe, the ranga alur puli is simply awesome.
- Mix the sugar and water, and prepare light syrup in a large pot.
- Leave it to cool.
- In a kadhai, mix the coconut, thickened milk and sugar over a slow fire, until all the moisture has evaporated and it is lightly browned.
- Add enough flour and mashed potatoes so that it is firm enough to take a shape.
- Divide sweet potatoes into 12 equal portions.
- Then pour into rounds.
- Flour your hands as you work.
- Form a cup with a round of sweet potato.
- Stuff with coconut filling. close cap.
- Remould into rounds and then mould into half-moon shape with your fingers.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. deep-fry the potatoes until lightly-brown.
- Drain off as much ghee as possible.
- While it is still hot, place the potatoes in syrup.
- Leave for a couple of hours before serving.
This recipe was contributed by pink_key711 on 12 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.