Rang Birangi Chatpata Chaat
by Amrita Sasane
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4491 times
This mouthwatering chaat contains the sweet yellow corn with addition of the other chaat ingredients. The outer covering is made of palak turned into small crisp cones. These green cones look yummy with the filling of corn grains, tomatoes, coriander, onions, sev, boondi and spices. Hence, the name Rangiberangi for this colorful lip smacking recipe. These corn filled green cones can be enjoyed by children as well.
- Blanch the palak leaves and make into puree with the help of grinder.
- In a bowl, add the flour, semolina, salt, carom seeds and palak puree.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add to the mixture.
- Blend well to form a dough.
- Keep it aside to rest for minimum 1 - 1.5 hrs.
- Divide into small balls and roll to form thin chapatis
- On a non-stick tava, cook the chapatis only from one side.
- In a small katori, mix the wheat flour and little water to form a thick paste.
- Cut the chapati into four parts.
- For each part, roll into cone and seal the edges with the paste.
- Repeat the same for rest to form cones.
- In a pan, heat rest of the oil to fry.
- Deep fry the cones on medium flame ( not too brown) maintaining the green color and crispyness.
- Allow them to cool.
- Boil or pressure cook the corn grains with little salt.
- In a bowl, add sweet corn, tomatoes, onions, chaat masala, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and mix well.
- Fill the palak cones with sweet corn chaat mixture.
- Garnish with tomato, coriander, onion, boondi and sev on top.
- In a plate, place the cones and serve with extra filling mixture.
This recipe was contributed by Amrita Sasane on 29 Apr 2014I am a crazy foodie from Pune and enjoy all types of cuisines. Cooking is one of my hobbies and I fi...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.