Ram Khichdi ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43210 times
Ram khichdi, shed extra pounds with this easy-to-make khichdi. The perfect combination of dals and rice makes this khichdi protein-rich. Mixed veggies add loads of essential nutrients – fibre, vitamins, iron, calcium and zinc. Enjoy this spicy one meal wonder with low-fat curds.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal and rice in enough water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add all the vegetables, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and moong dal, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mix well. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.