Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5549 times
The tasty and quick rajmah or beans recipe with the rajmah beans cooked in a typical Punjabi style in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. Enjoy and learn many vegetabale recipe, rice recipe, lentil or dal recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Rajmah recipe - How to make Rajmah
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak rajmah (red kidney beans) overnight in 5 cups of water.
- Boil rajmah or pressure cook until soft and fully cooked.
- Heat oil, add bayleaves, chopped onion and sauté’ onion till golden brown in color. add ginger paste and garlic paste. cook for a minute.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder. stir and add chopped tomatoes, cook till tomatoes are fully mixed with the masala.
- Add boiled rajmah and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes. add garam masala powder and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Cook until gravy is thick and rajmah coated with it.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.