Rajma in Broccoli Gravy
by Jyoti V B
This recipe has been viewed 2885 times
Red kidney beans are filling and nutritious. This curry is a favourite in Punjab and loved by all. Instead of the usual tomato gravy, I tried a broccoli gravy and it turned out to be delicious. This makes a wholesome meal when served with chapati, rice, bhatura etc.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add green chillies, ginger, peanuts, dry coconut and turmeric.
- Saute for a few seconds then add broccoli florets and saute for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame stirring occasionally.
- Then add mint leaves , coriander leaves and cook for few minutes.
- Then add coriander, cumin seeds powder and chilli powder.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then blend it in the mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer or sift this into the kadhai and add boiled red kidney beans.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Serve hot with rice, chapati, bhakri, bhatura or puri.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 21 Mar 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.